Parasound Halo JC 1+ monoblock amplifier succeeds Parasound’s flagship product, Halo JC 1 after two decades of being the aspirational amplifier for thousands of audiophiles world-wide. With 450 watts into 8 ohms, 850 watts into 4 ohms, 1300 watts into 2 ohms, and a peak current of 180 amperes, the JC 1+ excels even with speakers that can dip to 1 ohm. It operates in pure Class A up to 25 Watts and Class AB to full power, reflecting Curl’s attention to detail and sound quality.
- Remarkably quiet: The Parasound Halo JC 1+ is remarkably quiet and is the first commercially built product to employ active high-frequency noise filtering with Bybee Music Rails™, eliminating input stage noise that compromises sound quality.
- Independent input-stage power supply: The input-stage power supply is totally independent from the main power supply. Its R-core transformer isolates sensitive circuitry from high-frequency power line noise. This input stage power supply employs quiet high speed/soft recovery diodes, virtually eliminating distortion.
- Flexible connectivity: The addition of an XLR Loop Out as well as a 12V-trigger / delayed-turn-on improve the connectivity and utility when multiple JC 1+s are used in bi, tri, and quad amp configurations.
- Fast-start bias circuit: Parasound’s Halo JC 1+ has a fast-start bias circuit that enables it to sound its best within minutes after turn-on. A bias level selector switch enables cooler operation, with virtually no performance compromise.
- Circuitry designed by legendary John Curl
- Ultra-high bias Class A/AB operation
- 25 watts of pure Class A power
- Stable with speaker impedance dips below 1Ω
- Bybee Music Rails™ - active high-frequency filters for input stage
- New John Curl driver stage employs a cascode circuit for greater open loop bandwidth & superior linearity
- Gain switch to select 29 dB or 23 dB gain for optimum compatibility with high gain preamps or extremely efficient speakers
- R-core transformer for input stage suppresses noise on power line
- 6 massive 33,000 uF Nichicon Gold Tune filter capacitors for output stage
- 22,400 uF input stage power supply filter capacitors, independent of the main power supply
- Dual CHK Infinium, custom 5-way speaker binding posts for easy bi-wiring
- Neutrik locking XLR balanced input & loop output jacks
- Vampire 24k gold-plated RCA input & loop output jacks
- Direct-coupled signal path, no capacitors or inductors in the audio path
- JFET input stage, MOSFET driver stage
- 24 beta-matched 15 ampere, 230V, 60 MHz bipolar output transistors
- 2.1 kVA shielded toroid power transformer with premium H18 grade core
- Independent power supplies for input stage, driver stage & output stage
- Full power is rated all the way down to 2Hz for unrestricted low-end bass
- Harris hyper-fast soft-recovery bridge diode rectifiers
- REL & Nichicon Muse capacitors
- DC servo & relay protection circuits
- AC turn-on inrush surge protection with relay bypass
- Automatic turn-on by 12 V trigger or audio sensing
- 4 rack space chassis with rear carry handles
- Rack mount hardware is included
- Available in silver or black
Dimensions and Warranty
- 7-1/8" H x 20" D (without feet, cables); 7-3/4" H x 21-1/2" D (with feet, cables)
- Weight: 83 lbs
- Warranty: 5 years
- Our 30-day money-back guarantee
- MFR #
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet. Be the first to ask a question about this product.