Kanta N°1 combines performance and compactness. There’s a surprise in store right from the start of your listening experience with this 2-way loudspeaker, in the form of the extent of the bass frequency response for its dimensions. Featuring Focal's latest technologies such as Flax cones, TMD suspension and NIC motor, the speaker is characterised by its precision, definition and neutrality. The performance of the latest generation IAL tweeter adds the finishing touch to the modern, ingenious design of this sound equipment. Its full potential is revealed in a room of less than 270ft2 (25m2).
- Marriage of materials - Beryllium and Flax: For the very first time, a Flax sandwich cone speaker has been combined with a Beryllium tweeter. Flax is the answer to the low mass/rigidity/damping equation, leading to sound clarity and precision. This unique Flax/Beryllium combination gives music incredible warmth and musicality.
- Cabinet-work with high-density polymer: Everything is designed and made to create acoustic softness and warmth--- the density and stiffness of the front panel and cabinet materials softened angles and double port vents. The front panel is made of a new material to suit the acoustic parameters.
- Reducing distortion with a new pure Beryllium tweeter: Focal's research is geared towards reducing distortion in every register. With Kanta, the treble register is reproduced by a new pure Beryllium tweeter. This IAL3 tweeter combines the IAL (Infinite Acoustic Loading) and IHL (Infinite Horn Loading) tweeters features, both of which help with the absorption of waves, thus lowering the tweeter frequency.
- Stylish finish, classic or on-trend: Several combinations are available with Kanta, to blend seamlessly into any style of interior. The Carrara White and Black Lacquer gloss finishes offer elegant and timeless white or black. The cabinet is also available in Walnut High Gloss or Walnut Mat veneer finish.
- Latest generation IAL3 Beryllium tweeter
- Bass-Midrange 61/2" (16.5cm)
- Flax cone TMD suspension
- NIC motor
- Articulated bass
- Neutral and defined midrange
- Moulded multi-ply cabinet with great neutrality
- High-density Polymer front panel
- Inert baffle for an enhanced sound definition
- Magnetic grille
- Easy handling
- Wide rear port
- No dynamic compression
- Kanta N°1, Black High Gloss and Wood Veneer cabinets,
- Warm Taupe and Gauloise Blue High Gloss front panels
Dimensions and Warranty
- 16 39/64” H x 9 7/32” W x 15 25/64" D
- Weight: 28.1lbs (net, with front grille)
- Warranty: 5 years
- Our 30-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FKANTA
1 x 6-1/2"(16.5cm) Flax bass-midrange with TMD suspension and NIC motor, 11/16" (27mm) ‘IAL3’ pure Beryllium inverted dome tweeter
46 Hz – 40k Hz
|Low Frequency Point||
|Recommended Amplifier Power||
25 W – 150 W
16-39/64 x 9-7/32 x 15-25/64" (422 x 234 x 391mm)
|Net weight (unit with grille)||
|Packaging dimensions (WxDxH)||
24-1/64 x 14-3/8 x 20-5/64" (610 x 365 x 510mm)
|Net weight (with packaging)||
Walnut Veneer Dark Grey Mat