Everything you need, nothing you don't. HDR and 4K is supported in pass thru. My 2 year old Yamaha didn't. Have it paired with a Polk 5.1 speaker system. Sounds good to me. The Sony automatic sound calibration seems to provide more bass than my old Yamaha's calibration (sounds better to me)
Jason of Pearl City, HI
Putting the ""theater"" in ""home theater""
One of the activities I've missed the most being stuck at home this year is going to the movies. There's nothing like seeing films on the big screen. Fortunately, it's possible to re-create that movie theater feel at home with a quality projector setup. And LCoS-based projectors like JVC's 4K D-ILA models are a great choice for their smooth imaging, rich color, and excellent contrast.
Technically, this DLA-NX5 is the entry-level model in this JVC series, but it has no shortage of premium features. In fact, it delivers its sharp native 4K images using the same all-glass lens and D-ILA devices as the more expensive NX7 model.
JVC's D-ILA projectors are known for their excellent native contrast ratio thanks to the layered imaging chips they use as part of their LCoS — Liquid Crystal on Silicon — system. Three D-ILA chips — one each for red, green, and blue — are specially designed to reduce light scattering to deliver impressive contrast.
Rich detail and color
As a true 4K projector, the DLA-NX5 can display over 8.8 million pixels. It also has HDR support and an auto tone mapping feature that automatically adjusts the projector's settings based on the mastering information included on many HDR10-encoded UHD Blu-ray discs. That means you'll be able to see more detail, even in less-than-optimally-lit scenes.
Easy to adjust
The DLA-NX5 has a motorized lens so you can adjust the zoom, focus, and lens shift right from your viewing position. A nine-setting installation mode allows you to customize the lens positions and picture settings for different situations so you can recall them easily when needed.
To get the best picture quality, we recommend using the DLA-NX5 with a 4K-rated projector screen. You should also keep in mind that DLA-NX5 has no built-in web apps, so you'll need to connect a 4K media streamer or an Ultra HD Blu-ray player to enjoy 4K content.
- Three 0.69"" D-ILA panels with Full Digital Cinema 4K resolution (4096 x 2160 pixels each)
- High Dynamic Range (HDR10, HLG) for extended picture contrast and brightness with HDR sources
- Auto Tone Mapping automatically optimizes HDR image quality
- Widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio (can also display 4:3 material)
- Recommended image size: 60"" to 200""
- Light output: 1,800 lumens
- Native contrast: 40,000:1; dynamic contrast: 400,000:1
- 17-element, 15-group all-glass 65mm lens provides excellent sharpness and edge-to-edge focus
- Multiple Pixel Control image processor analyzes and optimizes images pixel by pixel
- Clear Motion Drive frame interpolation with Motion Enhance reduces blur and judder and makes motion look smoother
- Color management system with 6-axis matrix
- 3D-capable (requires JVC's PK-EM2 3D Synchro Emitter and PK-AG3 active RF 3D glasses, both sold separately)
- Low Latency Mode suppresses display delay for faster response with signals from PCs and game consoles
- 2X powered zoom/focus lens (standard-throw)
- Lens shift image adjustment (powered, horizontal and vertical)
- Vertical keystone correction
- 9-setting Installation Mode lets you easily customize picture settings/lens positions
- 2 HDMI 2.0 inputs
- Both inputs are HDCP 2.2 compatible for connecting to a 4K video source
- To view 4K and HDR content from connected sources, use a compatible high-bandwidth HDMI cable
- RJ-45 LAN port for controlling the projector via a network connection
- USB Type-A input for firmware updates
- 9-pin RS-232C port for external control of the projector via compatible computer or third-party control device
- 3.5mm 12V trigger output for controlling a motorized screen or other device
- 3-pin mini-DIN connector for use with optional 3D synch emitter
- Detachable power cord
- 265-watt NSH lamp (lasts up to 4,500 hours in Low mode)
- Illuminated remote control
- Can be placed on a tabletop or ceiling-mounted (mounting bracket sold separately)
- 19-3/4""W x 9-1/4""H x 19-1/2""D
- weight: 43.12 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years parts & labor — carry-in service (1 year or 1,000 hours on lamp)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- This projector does not include any type of built-in TV tuner
- MFR # DLA-NX5R
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet. Be the first to ask a question about this product.