Epson Home Cinema 4010
3-LCD 1080p home theater projector with 4K/HDR source compatibility (2018)
- pixel-shifting 4K Enhancement Technology produces a more detailed, higher-resolution image than 1080p
- accepts 4K Ultra HD video sources
- High Dynamic Range (HDR10) for extremely wide contrast and high brightness levels with HDR content
Everything you need, nothing you don't. HDR and 4K is supported in pass thru. My 2 year old Yamaha didn't. Have it paired with a Polk 5.1 speaker system. Sounds good to me. The Sony automatic sound calibration seems to provide more bass than my old Yamaha's calibration (sounds better to me)
Jason of Pearl City, HI
A high-end projector at a budget price
Epson's Home Cinema 4010 shows what clever engineering can achieve. Technically, it's a 1080p projector, but it accepts native 4K content, including movies and shows encoded with HDR. The picture looks much sharper than any HD projector we've seen. With the 4010 in your home theater, you can enjoy 4K and HDR-enhanced movies and shows for a fraction of the price of a native 4K projector.
The 4010's built-in video upscaling helps standard Blu-ray discs and other HD sources look amazing, too. And there's no need to retire your favorite DVD titles, because Epson's Super Resolution ""smart sharpening"" feature gives standard-definition video sources a crisp, clean look.
A big, bright picture with lifelike detail, color and contrast
The Home Cinema 4010's extra-sharp, detailed picture is the result of Epson's 4K Enhancement Technology, which shifts each pixel diagonally by half a pixel and combines the two images to provide a sharper picture. This allows the 4010 to render 4K content clearly with remarkable detail, for a bright, crisp image. The projector also supports HDR10, the most common HDR format.
HDR-enhanced movies and shows produce more realistic contrast swings, and colors with extra pop, when displayed through the 4010. There's lots of 4K/HDR movies and shows available from streaming services like Netflix® and Amazon Instant Video. Since the 4010 has no built-in web apps, you'll need to connect a 4K media streamer to explore this great-looking content. Of course, for life-sized projector images, the ultimate high-resolution source is an Ultra HD Blu-ray player.
Enough light for bright rooms, enough control for dark rooms
If you don't have a fully light-controlled room for viewing, don't worry. The 4010 has enough light power to handle real-world family rooms, home theaters with really big screens, and situations where others in the room need to keep some lights on.
On the other hand, if you're able to make your room really dark, you'll want to use one of the projector's lower light settings, and turn on the ""auto iris"" feature, which boosts contrast and deepens blacks in dark scenes.
Flexible placement and hookup options
For spontaneous or ""event"" viewing, the 4010 sets up easily on a table or shelf. Or you can use an optional ceiling mount for a more permanent installation. Horizontal and vertical ""lens shift"" allow you to position the projector off-center and still get a perfectly true image. Two HDMI inputs — one of which is HDCP 2.2 capable — are available for your high-definition sources.
For the best picture quality from this 4K-compatible projector, we recommend using a 4K-rated projector screen.
- 3-LCD, 3-chip technology
- 1080p native resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels) with Epson PRO-UHD™ 4K Enhancement Technology
- 4K Enhancement Technology shifts each pixel diagonally by half a pixel to provide a more detailed, higher-resolution image than 1080p
- Accepts 4K Ultra HD video sources
- High Dynamic Range (HDR10) for extended picture contrast and brightness with HDR sources
- Widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio (can also display 4:3 material)
- Recommended image size: 50"" to 300""
- Light output: 2400 lumens
- 200,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- Auto iris for excellent contrast and black level
- Full 10-bit output with 12-bit digital color processing
- Covers 100% of the DCI-P3 color space (the digital cinema standard)
- Frame Interpolation for reduced motion judder (only available for 1080p/24 signals)
- Super Resolution detail enhancement improves the look of standard-definition video
- 3D-ready with built-in RF emitter (Epson ELPGS03 active 3D glasses sold separately)
Lens and Image Adjustments:
- 15-element all-glass lens designed specifically for 4K/HDR content
- Lens has 2.1X zoom capability (powered zoom/focus)
- Lens shift image adjustment (powered, horizontal and vertical)
- Program up to 10 preset powered focus positions
- 2 HDMI 1.4 inputs (10.2 Gbps max. bandwidth)
- One of the HDMI inputs is HDCP 2.2 compatible for connecting to a copy-protected 4K video source
- To view 4K and HDR content from connected sources, use a compatible high-bandwidth HDMI cable
- PC input
- Ethernet port for a wired network connection
- 2 USB ports (one is for an optional HDMI cable with power supply; the other is for firmware update and an optional Wi-Fi module with power supply)
- MiniUSB port for software updates
- RS-232C port for external control of the projector via compatible computer or third-party control device
- 12-volt trigger output for controlling a motorized screen
- 250-watt UHE lamp (lasts up to 5000 hours in Eco mode)
- Ultra-quiet cooling fan (20 dB in Eco mode)
- Powered retractable lens cap protects lens when projector is not in use
- Illuminated remote control
- Detachable power cord
- Can be placed on a tabletop or ceiling-mounted (mounting bracket sold separately)
- 20-1/2""W x 6-3/4""H x 17-3/4""D
- weight: 24.3 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years parts & labor — in-home or carry-in service (90 days on lamp)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- This projector does not include any type of built-in TV tuner
- MFR # V11H932020
What's in the box:
- Epson Home Cinema 4010 owner's manual
- Video projector
- 10' AC power cord
- Remote control
- 2 ""AA"" batteries
- 2 HDMI cable clamps
- Quick Setup Guide
- Extra Care Home Service book
Active (emitter built in)
1920 x 1080
|Approximate Lamp Life|
4000 hrs (5000 ECO)
|Brightness (in ANSI Lumens)|
|Vertical Lens Shift|
|Horizontal Lens Shift|
|Vertical Keystone Correction|
|Horizontal Keystone Correction|
|Type of Warranty Service|
In-home or Carry-in
|Wireless HDMI Input|
|Component Video Inputs|
|Composite Video Inputs|
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet. Be the first to ask a question about this product.