Parasound's NewClassic Model 2125 power amplifier just received an update. It's been reborn as the NewClassic Model 2125 v.2. Parasound's NewClassic Model 2125 has been one of the company's most popular two-channel power amplifier. Its winning combination of power, features, build quality, and affordability make it a must-have for all but the most demanding systems. And the THX Ultra2 certification means that it meets the highest performance standards for convincing reproduction of movie soundtracks.
- New ultra-sensitive two-position audio trigger: Allows Parasound to eliminate the audio trigger sensitivity knob.
- Updated front and rear cosmetics give the v.2 amps a fresh new look: The front panel has been updated with rounded corners, a new display lens, and updated silk screening. The rear panel has updated silk screening making it easier to read and understand the functions.
- Power specification increase: With the v.2 amps, Parasound has changed the specification to match the actual capability of each amp.
- Advanced and extremely efficient low-heat design: The NewClassic Model 2125 v2 runs cooler than previous Parasound Classic series models, making it ideal for rack or cabinet mounting. The newly designed power supply delivers all the voltage you need for transient peaks in musical programs and stunningly realistic special effects.
- Two-channel THX Ultra2 Certified power amplifier
- 150 watts-per-channel into 8 ohms, both channels driven
- 225 watts-per-channel into 4 ohms, both channels driven
- 225 watts-per-channel into 2 ohms, both channels driven
- 400 watts bridged into 8 ohms mono or 4 ohms mono
- 35 amps peak current per channel
- 2 Ohm stable operation with load selector switch
- Impedance selector switch for 2W operation
- A/B speaker terminals with individual on / off
- 18 dB / octave high-pass filter, switchable 20 Hz or 40 Hz
- Two pairs of speaker outputs with front panel A/B buttons
- Rear-mounted lockout switch disables front A/B buttons
- High pass filter, switchable for 20Hz or 40Hz
- Automatic on/off by DC trigger with looping output
- Automatic on/off by audio signal with 2 sensitivity settings
- Fully discrete circuitry with high current toroid transformer
- Bridging switch for stereo or mono operation
- Efficient, low heat design
- DC Servo and relay protection circuits
- Rear-mounted left and right gain controls
- Standby, channel status and high-temperature indicators
- Gold-plated RCA input jacks, loop output jacks
- Heavy-duty 24k gold-plated 5-way speaker terminals
- 115/230v selector on rear panel
Dimensions & Warranty
- 17.25" W x 16" D x 4.25" H
- Weight: 27 lbs
- 2-year manufacturer warranty
- 30-day money-back guarantee
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet. Be the first to ask a question about this product.