Parasound's Halo JC 5 distills the essence of two Halo JC 1 monoblocks into a single-chassis stereo amp with outstanding sound quality, power, and value. The JC 5 is a 400-watt per channel stereo amplifier designed by John Curl that combines design elements of two top-of-the-line Halo JC 1 monoblock power amplifiers into a single chassis the same size as one JC 1. The JC 5 combines high power and ultra-high bias Class A/AB sonic quality at roughly two-thirds the price of a pair of JC 1s.
- Boasts an enviable heritage: The Parasound Halo JC 1 monoblock was designed by John Curl and introduced 16 years ago to instant international acclaim. It is acknowledged as the benchmark for amplifier performance and value.
- Profoundly powerful, supremely musical: The Parasound Halo JC 5 stereo amplifier is profoundly powerful and supremely musical. High bias class A/AB provides 12-watts-per-channel pure class A power and class AB effortlessly to its 400 watts per channel 8 ohm rating.
- Designed to perfection: The Halo JC 5 is direct-coupled, protected by DC servo circuits to eliminate coupling capacitors while extending bass response down to 5 Hz. Its balanced inputs use discrete circuits with Neutrik locking XLR connectors, and Vampire 24k gold-plated RCA input and loop output jacks.
- 400 watts x 2 @ 8 Ω RMS, both channels driven
- 600 watts x 2 @ 4 Ω RMS, both channels driven
- 1200 watts x 1@ 8 Ω RMS, in bridged mode
- Circuitry designed by legendary John Curl
- Ultra-high bias Class A/AB operation
- 12 watts per channel of pure Class A power
- 90 amperes peak current per channel
- Stable with speaker impedance dips to 1.5 Ω
- Dual-mono input stages with ±110 volt DC rails
- JFET input stage, MOSFET driver stage
- 24 beta-matched 15 ampere, 60 MHz bipolar output transistors
- 1.7 kVA shielded toroid power transformer w/ independent windings for each channel
- Balanced inputs with discrete circuits
- CHK Infinium, custom 5-way speaker binding posts
- Neutrik locking XLR input connectors
- Vampire gold-plated RCA input & loop output jacks
- Direct-coupled signal path, no capacitors or inductors
- DC Servo and relay protection circuits
- AC turn-on inrush surge protection with relay bypass
- Independent power supplies for left & right input stages, driver stages, output stages
- 8,880 μF Nichicon Gold Tune filter capacitors for input stages
- 132,000 µF Rubycon filter capacitors for output stages
- Full power is rated all the way down to 5Hz for unrestricted low-end bass
- Harris hyper-fast soft-recovery bridge diode rectifiers
- Automatic turn-on by 12 V trigger or audio sensing
- 4 rack space chassis with rear carry handles
Dimensions & Warranty
- 17.6" W x 7.1" H x 20" D
- Weight: 73 lbs
- Our 30-day money-back guarantee
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet. Be the first to ask a question about this product.