Parasound's new HINT 6 is an improved version of the acclaimed Halo Integrated Amplifier.
The amazing sound quality and musicality of the original Halo Integrated (HINT) carries on in the HINT 6. The new model features a Burr-Brown volume control with easy-to-read front panel display. It also adds an upgraded USB receiver with plug-and-play functionality for Windows and Mac, a second optical input, increased phono gain, greater channel separation, and some pleasing refinements to its appearance.
- Powerful power amplifier: The Parasound HINT 6 uses the same powerful John Curl-designed power amplifier as the original acclaimed Halo Integrated Amplifier. This 160-watt-per-channel (240-watts @ 4 ohms) amplifier is based on the direct coupled Class A/AB circuit topology found in Parasound's renowned separate power amplifiers.
- Upgraded volume control: The Parasound HINT 6 features the new Burr-Brown electronically controlled analog resistor ladder volume control. These technical advancements in the new volume control offer a more distinct sound stage by increasing the dynamic range, lowering the noise floor, improving left-right separation and maintaining absolute left-right channel tracking at any volume level.
- Decode a wide range of digital music: The Parasound HINT 6 uses a proven ESS Sabre32 Reference DAC to decode a wide range of digital music files via two optical, one coaxial, and a new upgraded USB receiver – now with plug-and-play support for Windows 10 in addition to Mac.
- High-quality headphone amplifier: The HINT 6 is equipped with a dedicated high-quality current-feedback headphone amplifier based on the top grade Texas Instruments TPA6120A. This superior design allows for an extremely high slew rate preventing odd order distortions which are responsible for listening fatigue.
- Burr Brown analog resistor ladder volume control
- Dimmable front panel volume display
- Updated USB receiver is plug and play with Windows 10 and MAC
- An additional optical input (2 total)
- ESS Sabre32 Reference DAC (ES9018K2M)
- Asynchronous USB 2.0 supports PCM up to 384kHz/32-bit
- USB input decodes Native DSD64, DSD128, DSD256 and DoP DSD
- Coax and optical inputs accept PCM up to 192kHz/24-bit
- Analog bass management with high & low pass crossovers
- Home theater bypass input for surround sound integration
- Front panel subwoofer level control
- Dedicated high current headphone amplifier (TI TPA6120)
- Phono input for MM, MC and MI with 100 Ω or 47k Ω load
- Front panel Aux input with automatic +12 dB gain stage
- 160 Watts x 2 @ 8 Ohms (RMS, both channels driven)
- 240 Watts x 2 @ 4 Ohms (RMS, both channels driven)
- Power amp circuit topology designed by legendary John Curl
- Direct amplifier input to bypass preamp section
- High bias class A/AB operation
- Oversized shielded toroid power transformer
- Dual-mono power supply and power amplifier
- 40,000uF power supply filter capacitance
- Matched JFET input stages and MOSFET driver stages
- 12 high voltage/high current bipolar output transistors
Dimensions and Warranty
- 17-1/4" W x 16-1/4" D x 5-1/4" H ; 17-1/4" W x 17-1/4" D (with cables) X 5-7/8" H (with feet)
- Weight: 33 lbs.
- Warranty: 5 years
- Our 30-day money-back guarantee
- MFR #
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet. Be the first to ask a question about this product.