Projectors use three major digital display technologies: LCD, LCoS, and DLP. But for my money, LCoS-based projectors like JVC's D-ILA models consistently produce the most filmlike picture.
The DLA-NX7 falls in the middle of JVC's NX series of true 4K projectors. True 4K puts millions more pixels on the screen than lower-priced "4K-compatible" projectors. The DLA-NX7's picture has 8.8 million pixels, while pixel-shifting 4K-compatible models typically have around 4 million. Full 4K resolution delivers striking clarity and detail, while also creating an immersive sense of depth.
- Superior contrast: JVC's D-ILA projectors are known for their excellent native contrast ratio thanks to the layered imaging chips they use as part of their LCoS — Liquid Crystal on Silicon — system. Three D-ILA chips — one each for red, green, and blue — are specially designed to reduce light scattering to deliver impressive contrast.
- Rich detail and color: As a true 4K projector, the DLA-NX7 can display over 8.8 million pixels. It also has HDR support and an auto-tone mapping feature that automatically adjusts the projector's settings based on the mastering information included on many HDR10-encoded UHD Blu-ray discs. That means you'll be able to see more detail, even in less-than-optimally-lit scenes.
- Easy to adjust: The DLA-NX7 has a motorized lens so you can adjust the zoom, focus, and lens shift right from your viewing position. A nine-setting installation mode allows you to customize the lens positions and picture settings for different situations so you can recall them easily when needed.
- Light output: 1900 lumens with NSH 265 W lamp
- Native contrast: 80,000:1; dynamic contrast: 800,000:1
- Auto Tone Mapping and Frame Adapt automatically optimize HDR image quality
- High Dynamic Range (HDR10, HLG) for extended picture contrast and brightness with HDR sources
- Three 0.69" D-ILA panels with Full Digital Cinema 4K resolution (4096 x 2160 pixels each)
- 17-element, 15-group all-glass 65mm lens provides excellent sharpness and edge-to-edge focus
- 2 HDMI 2.0 inputs; both inputs are HDCP 2.2 compatible for connecting to a 4K video source
- ISF C3 (Certified Calibration Controls) mode
- Clear Motion Drive frame interpolation with Motion Enhance reduces blur and judder and makes motion look smoother
- Multiple Pixel Control image processor analyzes and optimizes images pixel by pixel
- Low Latency Mode suppresses display delay for faster response with signals from PCs and game consoles
- 9-setting Installation Mode lets you easily customize picture settings/lens positions
- Control: IR / RS-232C / LAN / Trigger / 3D Sync
Dimensions and Warranty
- 19-3/4" W x 9-1/4" H x 19-1/2" D
- Weight: 43.6 lbs.
- Warranty: 3 years parts & labor — carry-in service (1 year or 1000 hours on lamp)
- Our 30-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DLA-NX7R
Active (req. optional emitter)
4096 x 2160
|Approximate Lamp Life||
4500 hrs. (Low)
|Brightness (in ANSI Lumens)||
|Vertical Lens Shift||
|Horizontal Lens Shift||
|Vertical Keystone Correction||
|Horizontal Keystone Correction||
|Type of Warranty Service||
|Wireless HDMI Input||
|Component Video Inputs||
|Composite Video Inputs||
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet. Be the first to ask a question about this product.