Epson Home Cinema 5050UB
3-LCD 1080p home theater projector with 4K/HDR source compatibility (2019)
- Pixel-shifting 4K Enhancement Technology creates a more detailed image than regular 1080p
- High Dynamic Range (HDR10, HLG) for extended contrast and brightness with HDR content
- Epson UltraBlack technology suppresses light leakage, enables 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio
- Realtime 12-bit analog-to-digital video processing
Projectors with native 4K resolution provide an incredible viewing experience, but they're still priced too high for many home theater fans. So check out Epson's latest high-performance, high-value alternative. The Home Cinema 5050UB uses three 1080p LCD chips and Epson's updated pixel-shifting technology to produce an image that's exceptionally sharp and dimensional — it looks closer to native 4K than to 1080p.
- Impressive picture detail and depth: Epson's 4K Enhancement Technology shifts each pixel diagonally by half a pixel and combines the two images to provide a sharper picture. This allows the 5050UB to render 4K content clearly with stunning detail and lifelike textures. This projector accepts native 4K content, including movies and shows encoded with HDR.
- Real-time 12-bit video processing: This Epson 5050UB feature ensures smooth tonal transitions while eliminating banding, blocking and other compression artifacts common to streamed video sources. The resulting picture displays refined color accuracy, whether the on-screen tones are deeply saturated or subtle.
- Experience a big improvement in projection HDR: Movies and TV shows encoded with HDR offer an expanded range of color and contrast when displayed through a compatible projector like the 5050UB.
- Light for bright rooms, control for dark rooms: If you don't have a fully light-controlled room for viewing, don't worry. The 5050UB has enough light power to handle real-world family rooms, home theaters with really big screens, and situations where others in the room need to keep some lights on. On the other hand, for really dark rooms, you can use one of the projector's lower light settings, and turn on the "auto iris" feature, which boosts contrast and deepens blacks in dark scenes.
- 3-LCD, 3-chip technology
- Poly-silicon TFT Active Matrix, 0.74"-wide panel
- Contrast Ratio of up to 1,000,000:1, Auto Iris on
- White Balance 8-point adjustment
- Color Brightness - Color Light Output: 2600 lumens
- White Brightness - White Light Output: 2600 lumens
- Native 16:9 widescreen (4:3 resize,16:10 resize)
- Compatible with 4:3 with Normal, Full or Zoom Modes
- 4K Enhancement (1920 x 1080 x 2)
- Maximum Resolution: 4096 x 2160; supported Resolution: 3840 x 2160, Full HD 1080p/i, HD 720p, 576p/i, 480p/i
- Lamp Life: Up to 5,000 hours (ECO Mode); up to 4,000 hours (Medium Mode); up to 3,500 hours (High Mode)
- Keystone Correction: Vertical: ±30 degrees (Manual)
- Color Processing: full 10-bit (partial 12-bit)
- Color Reproduction: full-color (up to 1.07 billion colors)
Dimensions and Warranty
- 20-1/2" W x 7-5/8" H x 17-3/4" D
- Weight: 24.7 lbs.
- Warranty: 2 years parts & labor — in-home or carry-in service (90 days on lamp)
- Our 30-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # V11H930020
Active (emitter built in)
1920 x 1080
|Approximate Lamp Life||
4000 hrs (5000 ECO)
|Brightness (in ANSI Lumens)||
|Vertical Lens Shift||
|Horizontal Lens Shift||
|Vertical Keystone Correction||
|Horizontal Keystone Correction||
|Type of Warranty Service||
In-home or Carry-in
|Wireless HDMI Input||
|Component Video Inputs||
|Composite Video Inputs||
There are no reviews yet.