Everything you need, nothing you don't. HDR and 4K is supported in pass thru. My 2 year old Yamaha didn't. Have it paired with a Polk 5.1 speaker system. Sounds good to me. The Sony automatic sound calibration seems to provide more bass than my old Yamaha's calibration (sounds better to me)
Jason of Pearl City, HI
A new subwoofer masterpiece from SVS
I've had a craving for deep bass since my teenage years (which, admittedly, led to some roughly assembled DIY sub enclosures back in the 90s). Thankfully, the engineers at SVS know a bit more than I do about building sub enclosures. Their all-new PB-3000 is one of the company's most ambitious subs to date, delivering staggering levels of high-quality bass at a relatively modest price. Use it with confidence in even the largest rooms for exceptional performance with music, movies, and video game soundtracks.
SVS PB-3000 Powered subwoofer
The PB-3000 sports SVS's new dual-port design to reinforce low-frequency output (shown with grille removed).
Goal number one: move a lot of air
I'll get into the more nuanced aspects of this sub in a moment. But first things first: the PB-3000's most notable trait is its sheer brute strength. Its heavily braced enclosure houses a newly designed high-excursion 13"" woofer.
This exceptionally large surface area means there's a ton of bass wave generation. And its ported box design means that the backward motion of the driver also contributes to wave creation, further reinforcing low-frequency extension.
This mammoth driver is powered by a 800-watt RMS amplifier, which allows it to produce commanding bass all the way down to 16 Hz (that's dipping into subsonic territory — bass you feel but can't hear).
Simple control from the sub or your phone
SVS has made the PB-3000 a breeze to operate and control. On the back panel is a new Intelligent Control Interface, which uses touch buttons and an LED bar to make changing DSP settings, volume, and other audio adjustments straightforward.
You can also control this sub via a free app on your phone, which lets you select your room's layout, change audio settings, tweak crossover and volume levels, and switch listening modes right from your seat.
Bass tailored to your room
SVS knows that a sub's performance is largely determined by the acoustics of your room, and your subwoofer's position within it. Thankfully, this sub doesn't have to be wrangled into the one and only perfect spot in your room. It offers a host of sound adjustments that let you get great sound wherever it's located.
Use the app to adjust crossover frequencies, parametric EQ settings, polarity, room gain, and other bass management functions. You can even save up to three groups of tailored settings as presets. These let you set up and switch between ""listening modes"" for a particular time of day or entertainment source. For instance, you can easily dial the bass down for nighttime listening.
- frequency response: 16-260 Hz (±3 dB)
- built-in Class D amplifier delivers 800 watts RMS of continuous power (2,500 watts peak dynamic power)
- front-firing 13"" aluminum vented cone
- bass reflex (ported) design with dual front-firing ports
- rear-panel Intelligent Control Interface with backlit touch controls and LED display
- full-featured control via Bluetooth® for Apple® and Android™ devices
- app-based control of crossover frequencies, parametric EQ, polarity, and other bass management functions
- bi-directional feedback shows adjustments in real time in both app and the subwoofer's display
- selectable room gain compensation control with adjustable frequency and slope to better match bass to room size
- three digital Parametric EQ filters with adjustable frequency, cut/boost, and Q values
- variable low-pass crossover
- variable phase control (0-180°)
- line-level/LFE RCA inputs
- main power on/off switch plus auto standby/on mode
- detachable high-current 6-foot power cord
- non-resonant steel mesh grille
- black ash wood veneer finish
- 18-5/16""W x 21-15/16""H x 26""D (with grille)
- weight: 82.2 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PB3000-BK Ash
What's in the box:
- SVS PB-3000 owner's manual
- 6.5' AC power cord
- Quick Start Guide
- Online Registration Card
- SVS brochure
|Woofer Size (inches)|
|Low-Pass Crossover Freq|
|High-Pass Crossover Freq|
|Amplifier Output (watts)|
|Speaker Parts Warranty|
|Speaker Labor Warranty|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty|
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet. Be the first to ask a question about this product.