Focal's Chora lineup is all about a big soundstage, clean sound, and exquisite detail. They do it with a relentless dedication to developing innovative new drivers. Focal designs and produces all their drivers in-house, resulting in a wide range of great speakers for varying budgets. The 826 tower carries a lighter price tag than many high-end speakers. But anyone who has ever heard it would never call the sound anything other than bona fide hi-fi.
- Focal's latest woofer design: The secret ingredient of the new Chora speakers is the Slatefiber woofer, made of recycled carbon fibers. Carbon fibers are very rigid — important for any speaker cone material. But beyond rigidity, these cones are lighter, more responsive, and have better damping than the Polyglass woofers of the previous Chorus speakers.
- Trickle-down tweeter tech: For the Chora's high frequencies, Focal chose their TNF inverted dome tweeter. This design is known for a wide soundstage that's not seating-position critical.
- Gorgeous lean-back cabinet: Time alignment is a fancy way of saying that the sound from each driver should hit your ears at the same time. That's why the 826's cabinet is angled, for a sound that's accurate and locked in. The speakers have a beautiful finish that will make a statement before you even turn on your amp.
- 1" TNF aluminum/magnesium inverted dome tweeter
- 6-1/2" Slatefiber midrange woofer
- Dual 6-1/2" Slatefiber bass woofers
- Bass reflex design (front-firing port)
- Lean-back design ensures precise sound at the listening position
- Magnetic grille for woofers
- Vinyl finish
- Frequency response: 48-28,000 Hz (±3dB)
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- Sensitivity: 91 dB
- Recommended amplifier power: 40-250 watts
Dimensions and Warranty
- 12" W x 40-7/8" H x 15-7/8" D
- Weight: 46.6 lbs.
- Warranty: 5 years
- Our 30-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FCHORA826DW
|Tweeter Size (inches)||
|Midrange Size (inches)||
|Woofer Size (inches)||
|Built-in Powered Sub||
|Dolby Atmos Drivers||
40 – 250
13 Hz – 280 Hz
|Subwoofer Amp Power||