Focal Sopra N°1 Black Oak
- New mid-bass driver with “TMD” suspension (Tuned Mass Damper)
- “NIC” magnetic circuit (Neutral Inductance Circuit)
- New “IHL” Beryllium tweeter (Infinite Horn Loading)
- Drivers developed and manufactured by Focal in France
Compact and powerful, Sopra N°1 is a concentration of technological innovation. It features Neutral Inductance Circuits "NIC", Tuned Mass Damping surrounds "TMD" for the midrange woofer, and Infinite Horn Loading "IHL" of the tweeter. It is a true demonstration of the contribution of the new technologies implemented on Sopra. Its special stand has been designed to ground interfering vibrations from the enclosure to the floor to avoid any colouration. Ideal for small rooms up to 270ft2 (25m2) and medium-sized spaces up to 550ft2 (50m2). Providing high sensitivity and excellent power handling, Sopra N°1 is a true small monitor for the home.
- Innovating with Infinite Horn Loading (IHL): The Beryllium tweeter features an incredibly light and extremely rigid dome that delivers a transparent and dynamic sound. The "IHL" system enables the Beryllium tweeter to load respecting the compactness demand of the speaker.
- Stabilising the magnetic field with NIC: NIC technology (Neutral Inductance Circuit) permits control of the magnetic field, and master it in order to limit distortion. It decreases the effects of distortion and gives the sound a very high-definition and an unprecedented dynamic
- Stable cabinet with the best choice of materials: Sopra is designed and made at Focal’s cabinet-making facility in Bourbon-Lancy (Burgundy, France) using the same manufacturing process as for Utopia. The 69mm sandwich-machined front panel enables inertia and damping, necessary to provide a stable mechanical reference for optimal definition. The glass material for the base of the loudspeaker eliminates all halo effects in the bass.
- Elegant design for both performance and aesthetics: Sopra is designed by the agency Pineau & Le Porcher with one rule: no sacrifice of performance to aesthetics. The Sopra line uses exceptional materials for different lacquered finishes or wood finishes, with High Gloss varnish for a radiant shine, bringing more elegance and warmth to your home décor. The injected polyurethane component allows for the upper and lower cabinets to be inclined for the "Focus Time" (acoustic convergence of the channels).
- "IHL" Beryllium Tweeter
- Back wave absorption,
- Very precise treble
- Mid-bass driver
- "W" cone
- "TMD" Suspension
- "NIC" Magnetic circuit
- Refined midrange, articulated bass
- An original means of managing the space around the tweeter section to combine high-quality bass with a compact design
- Stand (sold separately) including decoupling spikes
- Design coherence
- Transfer to the ground of interfering vibrations
Dimensions and Warranty
- 16 47⁄64” H x 10 63⁄64” W x 15 19⁄32" D
- Weight: 41.89 lbs, stand: 40.78lbs
- Warranty: 5 years
- Our 30-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FSOPRA
61/2" (16.5cm) "W" bass midrange with
|Frequency response (+/- 3dB)||
45Hz – 40kHz
|Low frequency point - 6dB||
|Recommended amplifier power||
25 – 150W
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet. Be the first to ask a question about this product.