You just got your brand new ultra short throw projector. You have been shining it on the wall for weeks and are wondering if a screen is really worth it. From my experience, an ultra short throw projector should never be purchased without one.
I have the Samsung LSP9T UST and previously used it shining onto the wall. It looked great, but there were issues. It showed any major/minor flaw in the drywall, I was limited to viewing only in the night time, colors were less vibrant and overall picture quality seemed unfocused.
Enter the Screen Innovations Zero Edge Pro UST screen. The screen arrived unassembled but was easy to put together. Once I had everything lined up, it unlocked a side of the ultra short throw projector I had never seen. The colors were more vibrant, the contrast was more rich, and the edge to edge focus was tack sharp. The screen really made the Samsung Premier UST perform at its full potential. I was now not bound to enjoying this projector at night, because of the screen’s ambient light rejecting properties, you can enjoy a very acceptable quality in any setting.
This particular screen from SI actually absorbs any down-lighting in the room allowing you to enjoy phenomenal picture quality in the daytime or with the lights on and makes it the best big screen replacement for any living room.
Now spending time with the screen and projector, I have realized that it is a necessity to have a screen while having an UST projector. The picture is more consistent, and takes any flaw out of the equation. There are multiple options on screens, so make sure you choose the right one for your projector!
If you have any questions on which screen would work best for you, please feel free to contact a sales consultant with Dreamedia AV and we will look forward to helping you!
As I entered the arena of Ultra Short Throw Goodness I didn’t really know how good it could get. LG made it to the final fight but fell short of the Samsung LSP9T in a few areas, however if you are looking for a really good projector at a great value, this is for you!
At $4,999, it is an amazing value. Cheaper than the Samsung LSP9T at around $6,500, the LG has amazing color pop, decent contrast and black levels, and their smart features / smart apps with LG’s webOS is something all ultra short throw projectors can take note of.
What LG does best is the WebOS onboard system to host its smart features and apps which is also controlled by a backlit LG smart remote that most are familiar with coming from their TV ecosystems. It has great edge to edge sharpness despite the manual focus, great HDR brightness, and handles 4K content with ease.
One drawback is that at 26.8” W x 5.0” H x 13.7” D, it is fairly large in size against other competitors. With its Boxy stature, and If size isn’t an issue, the unit itself is very modern looking and will fit in with most room décor.
Good news is you can unbox it and place it on any media cabinet. My recommendation to truly appreciate this ultra short throw projector is to use it with a Screen Innovations UST .6 Screen. You will need a little planning to enjoy this to the fullest, so let us help you in your planning and implementation. That is what we are here for!
Something the HU85LA doesn’t do as well as the competition is the screen setup. Their smart features are great, but there is a bit of manual manipulation in this part. Unlike the Epson or even a simple screen diagram on the Samsung models, the LG has no assistance tools baked in to help with the screen setup in a proper place to get it dialed in perfectly.
I have to say, bright room viewing is great as it handles highlights well with a more than watchable experience in an ambient lit room. SDR and HDR content both look fantastic here on the LG UST. You have a dark room? Things only get better in dark room performance with the Expert Dark Room modes and Filmmaker Modes looking most accurate (slightly red weighted) without calibration. The laser light source is almost standard now for UST’s with native 3840 x2160-pixel UHD display.
If you are in the market for an ultra short throw projector (UST), the LG Cinebeam HU85LA is a top contender with excellent smart features built-in, great picture quality, and a stylish look. Do not overlook this item. It will give any buyer a phenomenal experience for the value. All in all, the things that could be better in comparison to other models are: Black levels, sound output, and electronic focus. If you’re wanting an awesome UST and you want it under $5,000, get the LG. If you are still shooting for the pinnacle of UST’s in 2021, the Samsung Premiere LSP9T still reigns king.
For a company known best for its powerful subwoofers and value for performance products, SVS does not disappoint again. The SVS 3000 Micro Subwoofer enters new territory but is still swimming in very familiar waters.
Deep and impactful bass is delivered from an astonishingly compact 10-inch cabinet.This little guy packs a big punch immersing the listener in rich bass without being an eyesore. The SVS 3000 Micro Subwoofer blows away all micro subs that have come before it.
Its outstanding performance is in the design. It features fully active dual opposing 8-inch drivers and an 800 watt RMS, 2,500 watt Peak Power Sledge STA-800D2 amplifier with discrete MOSFET output. The 3000 Micro takes advantage of more surface area which lessens the need for single-driver excursion to hit target SPL. With two 8” cones, it has about the same surface area as an 11” cone, but an 11” cone would not be able to fit on any of the sides of a sub this small.
This reduces the need for huge excursion drivers that are more efficient and therefore doesn’t need massive power to make this sub perform!
The 3000 Micro is a sealed subwoofer, so the drivers still needed some serious power, but SVS has provided a solution to that with an 800-watt amplifier. SVS uses their super-efficient class-D ‘Sledge’ amps so not nearly as much energy is emitted as heat.
If that isn’t enough, the powerful smartphone app lets you control not only volume but multiple DSP functions and save presets for your favorite movie or music experience.
All-in-all, this is a tremendous piece to offer in media rooms or living areas that do not have the space for large subwoofers without sacrificing performance!
In short, why does the SVS 3000 Micro Subwoofer earn the WAF/SOAF (Wife or significant other approval factor) badge? • It’s sexy. This subwoofer comes in either Piano Gloss (Black) or White Gloss (my wife’s fav). • It’s small. Fits discreetly in any room yet still booms. Use alone or add another; you can even place this off the ground without vibration.
Indeed, guaranteed to be your wife or significant other’s favorite subwoofer!
You finally get ‘Tenet’ or your favorite movie on a Ultra 4K Bluray disc. You can either pop it into your average player, or let the Zappiti NAS 4K Ripper do it’s magic. I vote the latter. If you are like many users out there, your mound of physical content is growing into mountains, you have looked at the Kaleidescape’s Strato player, but with only 10TB storage and a price tag of $6,000, there has to be a better solution…
Enter the Zappiti. Zappiti is quickly gaining traction in the A/V space for their phenomenal price points in affordability, top of the line build quality components, and simply making things, well… SIMPLE!
Zappiti Pro 4K HDR (EISA Best Product 2020-2021 Award Winner) offers on-board storage options up to, 32TB and is a variation of Zappiti’s flagship media streamer. If you are looking just to stream, there’s certainly tons of options; Roku; Apple TV, NVIDIA Sheild, Zappiti mini 4K, etc. But if you are wanting a premium option this is it. ISF certified, Magic Pixel v2.5 for upscaling/ sharpening, and includes all the high-end components in the video and audio side at a more affordable price than its competitors.
Priced at $995, this 16lbs beast, quickly puts those USB sticks and hockey-puck sized options in the dust. Let’s take a look at some specs:
● ISF Certification: The Zappiti Pro 4K HDR is certified ISF (Imaging Science Foundation) to get the best picture quality for viewing both UHD and Full HD 1080p contents.
● Dual HDMI: Use the second HDMI to separate audio and video for the best performances and enjoy the 4K HDR, while using an old-generation AV receiver or soundbar non-4K compatible. You can enjoy both HD sound and 4K HDR without having to replace your AV receiver or soundbar.
● Zappiti MagicPixel v2.5: Enjoy outstanding picture quality – far better than the previous generations – with improved dynamics, accuracy colorimetry, increased contrast, solid deinterlacing and better upscaling (up to 4K resolution). Even on a Full HD 1080p TV or a front projector, you will be astounded by the image of your display! 3D also offers better image depth and an impressive, immersive effect.
● HDR: Display your HDR video content, while also providing increased dynamic range on your HDR display (TV/projector).
● HDR Conversion: Convert your HDR video content into SDR to display it on your 1080p TV or projector.
● 10/12-Bit: Enjoy powerful 10/12-bit YUV hardware decoding for professional-quality video display and benefit from increased nuances.
● REC. 2020: Enjoy a wider color space for more saturated and richer colors.
● 4K 50/60p: Display your 4K 50p or 60p video content in 3840x2160p at 50 Hz or 60 Hz.
● Real Cinema: Advanced auto framerate detection compatible with all video frequencies (23.976 / 24 / 29.97 / 30 / 50 / 59.94 / 60 Hz).
● Up-Scaling 4K: Display your videos with an ultra-high quality upscaling Ultra HD 4K (3840×2160 and 4096×2160).
● Direct Output: Display your videos in their original resolution and frequency without scaling processing.
● 3D Video Support: Enjoy all your 3D movies files (3D BD ISO, MKV 3D MVC) in true Full HD quality (Frame Packing) when linked up to any 3D-enabled TV or front projector for enhanced depth and improved on-screen image detail (two times better resolution than 3D Side-by-Side or Top-Bottom) with 3D subtitle support. Many 3D settings available including: 3D image depth, 3D subtitle depth, 3D interface depth, manual reversal of left-right images.
● Network Player: Connect your Zappiti on your local network and enjoy your content from a PC/MAC or a NAS via SMB.
● SMB Server: Access the contents located on the internal hard drives of the Zappiti Pro 4K HDR (or a connected hard drive) from a computer connected via local network.
● MKV Player: Playback SD, HD and UHD video content in MKV and other modern video file containers and formats, including top quality HEVC/H.265 video codec with very high bit-rates > 400 Mbp/s.
● BD / UHD ISO: Display the DVD, Blu-ray and UHD menus and access to the additional contents, director’s cut or theatrical version, bonus and extras, bookmarks, etc. with seamless branching support.
● Dual HDD Rack Option with Hot Swap Function: Easily and quickly insert and exchange internal 3.5” SATA hard drives up to 32 TB (2x 16 TB).
● USB Ports: Conveniently connect HDDs, USB flash drives, USB card readers and other USB storage devices.
● Ports USB 3.0 and Type-C: Read or transfer your files in ultra high speed. Note: USB Type-C and USB 3.0 ports cannot be used simultaneously.
● Full Range of A/V Connectors: S/PDIF coaxial and optical audio output, audio analogue output (cinch), CVBS video analog output, HDMI 2.0a (Deep Color, xvYCC, 12 bits, and CEC), HDMI 1.4 (Audio Only).
● Multichannel home cinema audio: Bitstream up to 11.2.4, downmix stereo.
● Hi-Res Music Playback: Playback Hi-Res Audio quality (up to 24-bit / 192 kHz) music files in various formats (FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, WavPack, Monkey’s Audio APE, DTS, AC3, etc).
● Many Shortcuts and Advanced Playback Features:
– 1-9: direct playback access to 10 – 90%.
– Direct access to 1 min rewind and forward with dedicated button.
– Direct access to 10 sec. rewind and forward with dedicated button.
– Cursor down and up: Fast rewind and forward (up to x32).
– Dedicated button for STOP function.
● Playback Memory: Resume playback from the last position.
● Backlit Remote Control: High quality backlit remote control with convenient direct access and shortcuts, wide range (60° / 26 ft) and recordable buttons to control another device.
● Bluetooth 4.0: Connect your wireless devices via Bluetooth such as joysticks, headphones, connected speakers …
● Computer Mouse: Connect a computer mouse to control the player and Android Apps.
● Keyboard: Connect a keyboard and computer mouse to control third-party applications and more convenient text entry in Zappiti applications.
● Zappiti Video Control: Control your Zappiti player with the virtual remote control via your tablet or smartphone.
● Open GUI: Add apps shortcuts to the home page.
● 6.5 Headphone Output: Connect your high fidelity headphone using the 6.5 mm headphone output.
● Hi-End R-Core Type Power Transformer: Top-quality power supply for ultra low audio/video noise.
● Hi-Fi Coaxal Output: The Zappiti Pro 4K HDR offers an ultra-high quality coaxial output that provides extremely high efficiency and transparent high fidelity sound up when using an external DAC. The coaxial output also provides lower jitter than the optical output.
● Zero Signal Output: Connect the Zappit to empty AV receiver connector to delete ground loop issues. Ground loops are a major cause of noise, hum, and interference in audio and video systems.
Now that you have your player in order, where do you get the media from to play the content back? Well, you can simply download the popular apps; Netflix, Prime Video, etc. But what about the disc you just bought. Well, this is where Zappiti completely changes the game. The Zappiti NAS RIP 4K HDR is essentially a computer, NAS system, and has a optical drive that lets you pop in that 4K disc, rips a 1:1 copy to a HDD drive that contains all of the disc contents. Starting menus, subtitles, virtually everything that is on the disc, is now on your NAS (Network Attached Storage) at the touch of your fingertips. Put the disc into the disc drive on the NAS unit, and 40min, each of your 4K movies can now all live together on the NAS so you don’t have to worry about changing discs on a blu-ray player. The NAS houses eight HDD bays up to 16TB in each. HDD’s sold separately.
That amount of storage allows up to: 8 x 16TB = 1,600 4K UHD Blu-rays / 3,200 Blu-rays / 19,200 DVDs / 192,000 CDs
This can also be your head unit for whole home audio, movie server for different areas of the home, as long as the NAS is up on the network and at least a Zappiti Mini 4K is hardwired, you can access and have all your movies in full bitrate playback. The software on-board is minimal but stunning, and can easily detect the movies that were just ripped, updating them with their appropriate cover art, Rotten Tomatoes rating, audio and video formatting and runtime, quick movie summary. Giving the user a clean, quick look into the content they are about to enjoy but will surely impress friends and family with the premium movie theater feel.
Give us a call today to get that low price guarantee and nationwide free shipping on all of the current and new Zappiti products!